Clean water is important to your health for drinking, showering, and cooking your food. Most people throughout the Tampa Bay region drink chlorine-treated water that still contains many harmful chemicals and other contaminants. Water, just like the air you breathe is crucial to maintain life. Every person needs to have enough water each day for the body to function effectively, since over 70 percent of the human body is made up of water.
It is ironic that only a small percentage of water is healthy to drink, considering that two-thirds of the earth’s surface is covered by water. Likewise, water from your tap may not be pure, despite passing through a local Tampa Bay water treatment facility. This is because it is easy for water to pick up contaminants while flowing from the water treatment facility to your home. The situation is the same if the water is stored in a private well. An effective and economical way to ensure that you have clean water in your home is to call Cass Plumbing of Tampa Bay & install a home water filtration system.
Filtering the water that comes into your home removes bacteria, heavy metals and chemicals from the water. Think of the hassle of having the water you drink and use tested regularly. The safest and simplest solution is to invest in a home water filtration system.
Below, are the top 3 water filtration systems that are used today:
- Activated carbon. It’s the most common and the least expensive water filtration systems. The system is usually installed under the sink. You just replace the filter cartridges as often as needed. Activated carbon filtration systems are known to be effective in removing chemicals and heavy metals that may be present in the water.
- Cation exchange water filter systems. It is also called ion exchange filters or water softeners. In this filter system, positively-charged ions are used to attract negatively-charged ions that are harmful, such as barium and calcium. Barium can cause some health issues as prolonged exposure to this earth metal can affect your internal organs. Magnesium and calcium can damage pipes and also make water taste bad.
- Reverse osmosis. Reverse osmosis forces the water to pass through a semi-permeable membrane using air pressure. Almost all contaminants are effectively filtered out with this system. Water filtration process is either 5, 6 or 7 stages. Brands that process water in more stages (6 or 7) are able to produce alkaline water. Output from these systems are typically between 50 to 90 gallons per day.
Whatever type of home water filtration system you choose from Cass Plumbing, take a look at the benefits you will get from a water filtration system.
- Have safer drinking water anytime. When you filter your water, you are ensured that you have healthy drinking water, compared to the bottled water and tap water that comes straight from the water treatment plants in your municipality. Unfiltered water, even if it has come from the water treatment plant still have contaminants such as lead. Water treatment plants add chemicals such as fluoride and chlorine to the water as their treatment method. When you have a water filtration system from Cass Plumbing of Tampa Bay, these chemicals and other impurities in your drinking water are removed.
- Protect the Tampa Bay environment. On the average, it will take 450 years for plastic bottles to disintegrate. There were 50 Billion plastic water bottles bought in the U.S last year. However, only 38% were recycled, with the remainder ending up in landfills. With a home water filtration system, you will not be adding more garbage into local Tampa Bay area landfills.
- Minimize aggravation of skin conditions. Substances such as heavy metals, fluoride and chlorine in the water can aggravate skin conditions. This includes psoriasis and eczema, especially in children.
- Cost Savings. If you are currently buying bottled water, you’ll realize a huge savings installing a water filtration system in your home. If there are four members in your household and each of you drink three 16 ounce bottles of water each day, you’ll be able to save $1,000 annually.
- Reduce plumbing repair bills. You can reduce plumbing repairs, and cut your repair bills when you use filtered water. Heavy metals, minerals and chemicals in unfiltered water can cause damage to your home’s plumbing system. It is not only the pipes that could be affected but also other home appliances that use water. This includes your water heater, water dispenser, refrigerator ice maker, garbage disposal, dishwasher and washing machine.
- Enhance disaster preparedness. If a sewer line bursts near your house, it can cause water contamination to the entire community’s water supply. However, you will be protected if you have an home water filtration system installed for the whole house.
- Save on soap. A home water filtration system acts in the same way as a water softener. This will help you to use less soap to clean your body, your dishes and your clothes. Hard water has minerals that prevents the ionic action of soap, thus its cleaning power is minimized.
- Improve the taste of drinking water. Water filters remove elements that cause drinking water to have an unpleasant taste and smell, such as lead, chlorine and bacteria. Home water filtration system will improve the overall purity, taste and smell of your drinking water. It also lowers the pH level of the water that you drink.
- Reduce risk of gastrointestinal diseases. Several parasites can be found in the water and many microscopic organisms live in sources of water that have not been treated properly. Parasites that can cause intestinal and digestive problems are removed by filtration.
- Remove soap scum and deposits on clothes. Over time, the chemicals in unclean tap water will leave deposits on clothes, causing them to smell differently. It also can lead to rashes and allergies. Likewise, unclean water causes soap scum buildup on your dishes, your clothes and your bathroom.
- Increase the overall value of your home. A new water filtration system professionally installed by Cass Plumbing of Tampa Bay will increase the overall value of your home.
Now that you know the benefits of using a home water filtration system, there should no longer be any reason for you to drink unfiltered water. Call Cass Plumbing of Tampa Bay today and set up an appointment with a knowledgeable representative to come out to your home and explain the water filtration systems we have to offer.